Thursday, August 14, 2014

Work Together For Good


       Romans 8:28 (ESV) "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."

         Recently, my oldest sister, Sarah, was at our house reading excerpts from the newly published book, Eight Twenty Eight: When Love Didn't Give Up by Larissa Murphy, and immediately I knew I had to read it. It's about Ian and Larissa Murphy and tells the story of Ian's car accident that left him with brain damage and how it affected the people around him, mainly Larissa, his at-the-time girlfriend, and now wife. I haven't finished reading it yet (I started it last night after finding out my mom had bought a copy too, I plan on getting my own, and I'm almost done) but from what I have read so far, I highly suggest this book to everyone. Its chilling to read a book so touching about people that I have never really known that well, or at all, but I know people around me that have known and loved these people. There are several people in the book that I have actually had the pleasure of knowing, if only a very little bit. I was around seven or eight when the accident happened. And I all too vividly remember my family talking about it. I remember regular blog updates  on Pray For Ian, such as, he's home, he talked today, he proposed today! I remember people saying they'd foolishly expected to see Ian to walk into a room, but he never did. I remember not knowing who exactly this person was but knowing that there were people who cared about him, some of who I knew, and that prayer was needed (even prayer from my at-the-time unsaved heart.) I remember thinking Larissa was a brave and loyal woman for sticking by Ian's side, even when things got unbearably tough. It was a testimony to her love for Ian, her love for God, and her faith in what He would do. To sum this all, I highly suggest buying this book, Eight Twenty Eight: When Love Didn't Give Up by Larissa Murphy.



1 comment: